The stationary tabletop device 3VT plus is used for casting two samples for density-comparison purposes. One of the samples is cast at a defined vacuum of 80 mbar and the other at atmosphere pressure.
The tabletop device 3VT plus includes a crucible pre-heating chamber which allows the user to cast the samples under conditions which are constant. The reasons for this are as follows:
- incorrect measurements, which may be caused by the absorption of atmospheric moisture by the crucible coating, are avoided, and
- the aluminium melt is prevented from cooling too quickly in the crucibles, thus preventing the formation of gas porosity (caused by atomically dissolved hydrogen), or to the extent necessary for the test.
The melt samples are then weighed and the density index is calculated by using the Density Index Balance MK 3000.
- Long life span due to the design which reflects the special requirements of the foundry
- User-friendly design
- Process reliability through fully electronic control: - fully automatic control of vacuum to 80 mbar
- Fewer incorrect readings and greater accuracy of measurement through use of crucible pre-heating chamber
- Capable of 100% calibration
- CE conformity
- Tested to DGUV standard
- leakage indicator
- low voltage indicator
- cycle counter
12 month warranty within Europe.
6 month warranty outside Europe.
Scope of delivery
- 1 Ladle, 500 mm
- 1 Crucible tong
- 2 Crucibles
- 1 Coating, 200 ml
- 1 Insulation brick
- Design: stationary tabletop device, robust powder-coated steel housing,
with two carrying handles at the side
Dimensions: L 590 x B 570 x H 320 mm
Weight: approx. 35 kg
Power connection: power cable with plug, 230 V, 1400 W, 6,3A, 50-60 Hz, (115 V available on request)
Power consumption: 1400 VA
Vacuum pump: oil-lubricated vacuum pump
Timer: electric short-period timer, 1-99 min. or endless = 00 integrated in display
Vacuum chamber-upper part: incl. safety inspection glass
Heating: fixed temperature 200° C ± 10° C